LIFTED-8th Street NW Precautionary Boil Water Advisory
Click here for the Map
8th Street water will be interrupted and
shut off on Tuesday, May 10, 2022 At 3:00 p.m.
in the immediate area to complete a main connection. The water will remain off until the work is complete.
We will make every effort to expedite this work to minimize the length of time the water will be shut down
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Some things to Remember
• If you have an electric hot water tank, turn the appropriate breaker off.
• If you have a natural gas hot water tank, turn dial to pilot.
• The Town of Carman will not be held responsible for any damage to hot water tanks due to water disruption.
• If time allows, please take appropriate steps to store water for your anticipated needs during this time.
• You will not be notified when the water is back on, you may turn your tap on to monitor flow of water.
• The water shut-off may be longer or shorter than expected and may be rescheduled due to unforeseen circumstances
• Our crew is working hard to get the water line up and running as soon as possible.
A water line break on May 10, 2022, has led to the loss of water in the area of 8th Street NW between 2nd and 4th Ave, of the Carman distribution system. Distribution depressurization can compromise the safety of the water supply; therefore, a precautionary boil water advisory has been issued to ensure public health protection.
Until further notice, all water used for consumption should be brought to a rolling boil for at least one minute before it is used.
The precautionary Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the water supplied by this water system no longer presents a risk to public health and should be able to be lifted by Friday, May 13, 2022. Note this Precautionary Boil Water Advisory is only for the affected area. Please refer to the Map above. Please check the Town website for updates on this.
If you have any questions, please contact the Water Plant at 204-745-2481 or the Town of Carman office at 204-745-2443.
Thank you for your patience