Carman Dufferin Economic Development
Carman’s economic development activities seek to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for residents and businesses by creating and retaining jobs, and supporting and growing incomes and the tax base.
The Director of Economic Development is very willing to help your business in whatever capacity we can. The local businesses are what keep the Town and the Municipality active and thriving. Please don’t hesitate to call or drop by the office in the Memorial Hall.
Tyler King, Director of Economic Development
Box 160, Carman ROG OJO
Upcoming Events for Business Owners
No events. Check back soon.
Economic Development in the News
Carman/Dufferin Offer Up Annual Grants
Carman Experiences New Years Economic Boom
Film Shoot Creates Excitement in Carman
258 new personal care home beds promised in Winnipeg, Steinbach, Carman
Government of Canada supports better transportation and improved safety with highway rehabilitation
DAS looking for crowd growth in 2017
Carman group explores multicultural event options
New name, fresh ideas for Central Manitoba Tourism
New strategy in place for economic development
True North Foods earns federal approval after $13 million expansion
Carman approves electric car charging stations
Planning District honoured for outstanding work
Carman-Dufferin Planning District permits surpass $16 million
Carman’s Industrial Parks
Both the Town and the Municipality offer location opportunities for properly suited businesses in of our industrial parks.
Click here to learn more about Carman’s Industrial Park.
Click here to learn more about the RM of Dufferin Industrial Park.
Carman Dufferin Economic Development Committee
To create an economic climate that attracts and retains businesses so they can prosper through partnerships and opportunities.
To become a robust and diverse economy.
Services Offered and the Mandate:
- Work with local businesses, whether it is with inventory, finding a suitable location, expansion projects, preparing business plans, or obtaining funding resources.
- Help new businesses begin operations.
- Attract businesses to locate in Carman and the RM of Dufferin.
- Actively promote the two local Industrial Parks.
- Act as a liaison between businesses and the Town of Carman and RM of Dufferin.
- Maintain a data base of information on industry and government contacts and funding resources and programs.
- Work on promotion of community as a place to visit, to live and to do business.
- Partner with outside agencies on development and tourism projects.
- Work with other Economic Development Agencies, tourist committees, local organizations, and government to promote Carman and Area to potential businesses and residents.
First Impressions Community Exchange
The following link is a community report from the First Impressions Community Exchange with Carberry: Carman FICE Report 2008
Carman Community Development Corporation
The Carman Community Development Corporation was established in 1960. The corporation consists of approximately 20 volunteer board members. The CCDC is a non-profit corporation working to build the community.
Contact: Bob Mitchell 204-745-3888