Dutch Elm Disease Survey Program Information 2020
Manitoba’s Agriculture and Resource Development’s Forestry Branch – Dutch Elm Disease Surveys/Invasive Forest Pest Monitoring/COVID-19
- Dutch elm disease surveys and emerald ash borer monitoring will be moving forward again this season in participating communities.
- Provincial surveyors will be driving or walking around both public and private properties while they work.
- Surveyors wear high visibility vests and government issued identification. This year, staff may also be wearing masks or other personal protective equipment (PPE), due to COVID-19.
- In support of physical distancing measures, our staff may not approach every resident or house before entering onto properties to conduct surveys.
- Surveyors will still ring doorbells or knock on doors prior to taking branch samples, marking trees, or identifying firewood piles for removal.
- Our staff will always maintain at least two metres distance between themselves and others, and we ask that residents respect this policy when approaching our staff as well.
Manitoba Tree Line: 204-945-7866 or firstname.lastname@example.org