Disaster Financial Assistance
Total Assistance Available per DFA Claim
Per claim, the maximum total amount of assistance available under DFA is $300,000 less the standard 20% deductible for a maximum payable assistance of $240,000.
- Please note that the maximum payable assistance is determined by identifying the lesser of the following amounts in each specific situation:
- The assessed value based on the amount reported on the most recent Property Tax Bill or;
- The estimated cost of repairs required to return the property to pre-disaster condition or;
- The estimated cost to replace the damaged property.
- The home is assessed at $100,000.
- The home is damaged by a natural disaster.
- The Government of Manitoba establishes a DFA program for this disaster and the damages are eligible.
- The home has damages estimated at $65,000.
- To replace the home it would cost $180,000.
- The maximum amount of DFA available for the home is $65,000.
- A standard 20% deductible is applied to assistance payments, therefore the maximum eligible amount of assistance for repairing the home is $52,000.